Hey friends!! Just wanted to share another recipe with all of you. There is absolutely NOTHING better than a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning. Today I will be sharing the perfect breakfast option for just that occasion. The recipe can be made ahead of time also, so you could prep it the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight and bake in the morning!!! That, my friends, is magical.
As most of you know we are a gluten free and mostly dairy free family. Many members of our immediately family suffer from Celiac disease and/or gluten intolerance. Another big chunk of our family suffers from a dairy intolerance as well. So this recipe fits perfectly with what our family can eat. So, when all 8 (soon to be 9) cousins are in the house together its nice to have an easy breakfast option that they can all enjoy!!!
Here is what you'll need:
1 loaf of gluten free bread. (Home made or store bought)
6 large eggs
1 3/4 cup of almond milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup of coconut oil ***maybe a bit more
1 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1. Cube the bread and place into 2 quart baking dish...
***Remember to grease the dish wit coconut oil
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, nutmeg and salt...
3. Pour mixture over cubed bread...
4. In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil. Whisk in the coconut sugar and heat over low until melted. I kept the coconut oil close to add a little extra for the right consistency. You want it to be like a glaze...
5. Add in slivered almonds and pour the mixture over the bread...
6. Cover dish with foil and refrigerate overnight (or you can bake immediately) Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes with the foil ON!!! Remove the foil and bake an additional 20 minutes. Serve with syrup, honey. or your favorite toppings.
I wanted to try a "Paleo" version of this, but I didn't quite have time to make the bread first. When I do that you will be the FIRST to know. Happy baking friends.