My sisters and I took a little time away from the blog since we're all teachers and needed to finish up with the end of year grading. Phew! It's over and it's SUMMER TIME! This summer is particularly special for me since it is my son's first summer and a chance to spend time with him as he continues to change and grow. It is such a blissful time!
I posted a picture of this yummy dinner a few weeks ago and had lots of requests for the recipe, so it's on here it is!
Paleo Chicken Parmesan
- 4 medium to large sized chicken breasts
- 1 cup of almond flour (maybe more if the chicken breasts are big)
- Spices like oregano, basil, garlic powder, chili flakes, salt and pepper, and anything else you might want on the chicken. I used lots of basil and oregano.
- 1-2 eggs
- 3-4 zucchini for "noodles." I liked a lot of noodles so you can use as many as you'd like
- Spinach about 2-3 cups
- Marinara sauce-no sugar added
- Olive oil about a tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Whisk egg in bowl. Start with one egg and add another if you run out.
- Prepare almond flour and spices in a separate bowl.
- Butterfly the chicken breast. Dip the chicken into the egg then into the almond flour mixture to cover completely. Place onto baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake chicken for approximately 35 minutes (adjust time based on how big your chicken breasts are).
- While chicken is baking, heat marinara in a saucepan.
- Prepare zoodles by slicing or using a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one. I've sliced into circles (see pic below) and it was still DELISH!
- Add zoodles to olive oil over medium heat. When they begin to soften, add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Pull out the chicken and serve: Zoodles & spinach on bottom, chicken, topped with marinara.