1. A recipe I tried out this past weekend with my family to celebrate my grandma's birthday.
2. A chance for you to win some seriously awesome fitness items in a giveaway.
So, I am always looking for a good gluten free recipe to try out. I made this recipe a few weeks ago for a trivia night and shared it with my colleagues at work. It got rave reviews, so I decided to try it out with my family for my grandma's birthday celebration last weekend. I had a lot of interest when I just posted the pictures on my IG & FB feed, so I wanted to share it with others.
Now, please note that this is by no means a HEALTHY recipe. :) It was a splurge for us, and although it is gluten free, it is full of sugary treats. The kids loved it and it was definitely light and not too filling - although not light in calories! We all loved it and I loved that it required no baking!
I used a recipe I found on Pinterest (of course) and tweaked it to be gluten free for my family. You can see the original recipe HERE.
Gluten Free Chocolate Lasagna:
- 2 packages of Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Crème Cookies (like Oreos) about 36 cookies
- 6 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
- 22 oz Kozyshack gluten free chocolate pudding
- 1 and 1/2 cups Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Begin by crushing 36 cookies. I placed them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. When the cookies have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
- Use a spatula to spread the pudding over the previous cream cheese layer.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
Like I said, the kids loved it and it was a perfect spring/summer treat for them. It was beautiful and warm and we all enjoyed it. Happy Birthday Grandma Vee! :)
Now to share some info about the Get Fit for Summer Giveaway that I am helping out with. My friend Alicia over at Brew Loving Mama is hosting a giveaway with me and 17 other ladies. We have come up with a great amount of fun fitness items to raffle off to a lucky winner. And, we are super excited to partner up with these lovely and inspirational ladies. I have contributed an entry into my next 30 day challenge, and the rest of the goodies will be amazing additions to your success during the challenge. Head over to Alicia's page to sign up with the rafflecopter for your chance to win and to see the rest of the prizes. :)
Wishing you lots of luck in this raffle! Enter as many times as you can - let me know if you win!!